Saturday, June 23, 2007

Starting to come together

Now we have the boat at home in Royal Quays I can start to make some progress in the installation and upgrades.

I have fitted 2 new batteries to replace the ones we lost. I will be fitting another 2 later when we have finished the rest of the electrical work. The Shorepower installation is to shift to make room for the conversion of the stern cabin and at the same time I am going to install a split charging system and a charge controller.

I have installed the new fresh water system using flexible tanks under the floors. I had some problems with the piping. I bought 38 mm pipe from 2 different suppiers. One supplier's pipe was too big for the fittings, the other supplier's was too small.
So had leak problems.

After the horrible foggy trip from Amble I have bought a JRC 1500 radar so that will be to fit soon as well. Its going on the mizzen mast and the control box will sit above the helm position.

Lots of other stuff to do including fitting the helmsman's seat but things are coming together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home